Sunday, July 12, 2009

Heidelberg - Day Four

Bad news, the bike rental place that Graham and I wanted to go to this morning didn't open until 2 PM, which was much later than either one of us wanted to start our bike ride. So instead we slept in, enjoyed our free breakfast at the hostel, hung around for a while, and then headed off to the train station at about 11 AM or so. I made it back to Karlsruhe around 1 PM and have spent most of today just lounging around my room.

All-in-all, Heidelberg as a city turned out to have more going on than I expected, and the conference was pretty fun, too. It was interesting to all of the sudden find myself in the midst of such a large group of people who spoke English. I was also surprised at the large number of people who didn't speak German. The RISE internship is a rather rare and very valuable opportunity, so a lot of people applied even though they didn't know German. Still, I am very glad that I at least fell in the minority of students who did speak the local language.

So with that said, "Back to work in the morning!".

No comments: