Thursday, June 25, 2009

Crazy Busy

So I know it's been a couple of days sense I last posted. Things have been kind of busy here at the Installation. It's crazy, really, but almost every weekend from now until August has something scheduled. It's a good thing that Google Calendar works no matter what country you're in. For the most part we have just been running Fenton Reactions over and over in the lab. Each one takes about a day, and it's a lot of pH monitoring and pipetting. I was also supposed to start sitting in on a surface-water treatment class yesterday, but they changed the location of last minute and we couldn't find it. I have another class that I am going to sit in on later today, but it's more of a prep class for a trip that we will be taking in a few weeks.

Yeah, I know, classes in the summer. But who wouldn't want to sit in on Master's / Ph.D. level classes for free, eh? Oh, and my supervisor is looking into whether or not there are any German courses that I can sit in on. Apparently my German needs work. I'm not so sure though; I've been doing pretty well by just pointing and mumbling a lot. That's all they really do around here anyway. I have actually decided that anything said in German makes it sound as though the speaker is either complaining or making fun of something. I was enjoying this thought when I realized that that is really all Americans do in any case.

For as busy as it has been (or is going to be), I have really been enjoying my work hours. I decided to come in later for work yesterday (only by about 40 minutes or so, closer to 10am), and then we decided to take a longer than normal lunch, and then after that, I went home around two or so; that way I could go do a little grocery shopping before dinner. Oh, a note to all future Karlsruhe travlers: the Aldi's has a more limited selection than the Lidl's and the prices are A LOT higher. Just an FYI.

My side project for the past couple of days has been to create a presentation about myself, Oregon, OSU, and the project that I am working on here at UK(TH). I've been making it in Google Docs, so I will post the link to it when I am finished.

Well on that note, my break is over and it is time to get back to work. So with that said, "Thank goodness for Google".

No comments: